The Rubric is a modern day interactive educational tool with motivational stories inspired by true successes and setbacks from millennial author, Sadé Diké. These proven strategies that work in making a successful transition from high school through college will help students feel inspired, dream bigger, and execute with strategy!
The Authors out of the box strategies gained her tremendous success during college and into a six- figure career with:
- The CIA
- Goldman Sachs
- W.W. Grainger
- The US House of Representatives
- Sidley Austin LLP, where both Obamas worked.
- Studying in Spain, China and Egypt
- Charles B. Rangel Scholar for Int’l Affairs
- Gilman International Scholar
- Robertson for Federal Government Fellow
- Pursuing Double Masters in Int’l Business and Chinese at a top 3 program in the U.S.
- Graduating Summa Cum Laude
- And more…
Each of the three sections represents different areas of focus for the student. All sections will provide directives on how to achieve the subjects below.
SECTION I: Pre-Requests— Setting the Foundation
- Overcoming standardized test discouragement.
- Being a leader and building relationships.
- Keeping a moral compass in college.
- Understanding the importance of extra curriculum, grades, and community service for the college admissions application.
- Social media, voicemail, and email awareness/management.
- Professional attire for business settings.
- Writing effective follow up emails.
SECTION II: The Syllabus— Understanding & Executing the Process
- Standardized testing and programs to prepare.
- Writing the perfect admissions essay.
- Composing a strong admissions application.
- Choosing the Best University for them.
- Securing Funding: (Loans, Scholarships, FASFA, Credit Score)
- Choosing a Major: Passion vs. Potential.
- S.T.E.M Schools, Opportunities & Careers
- Strategically registering for classes.
- How to Effectively Drop, Withdrawal, and/or Contest Grades.
- Securing a strong GPA freshman year and why it matters.
- Tips for Buying/Renting Books.
- Securing Letters of Recommendation.
- Résumé Building
SECTION III: Extra Credit— Standing Out Amongst Your Peers
- Self-fulfilling prophecy: it all starts in your mind.
- How to be the competition.
- Leveraging school as their job.
- Managing Expectations with others.
- Building and Maintaining Rapport
- Pipelining Grades
- Studying Overseas/Abroad
- Interning as a way to explore careers.
- The Value in asking for Extra Credit.
- Keeping Smart Friends
- Welcoming challenges that will stretch them.
- Understanding their strengths and weaknesses for development.
APPENDIX: Original Templates that Earned the Author over 250K in Scholarships & Opportunities
- Scholarship Essay
- Admissions Essay
- Additional Comments/Supplemental Essay for Admissions and Scholarships
SECTION QUIZZES + NOTES
- Test what you learned at the end of each section.
- Stay involved while reading with a notes area at the bottom of each page in section.